Amazon Prime Day is on July 12th
Amazon’s Prime Day is coming! With more
deals than Black Friday on toys, video
games, clothing, electronics, movies, sports
items, and more, Amazon’s Prime Day will
allow Amazon Prime members to shop for exclusive deals.
This year’s Amazon Prime Day is on July 12th. Starting from midnight, July 12th, Pacific
Daylight Time, Amazon Prime members can take advantage of sales on thousands of
products for 24 hours. To participate in the Prime Day sales, you’ll have to be an Amazon
Prime member. But even if you’re not, you can sign up for a free, 30-day membership, and
participate in the Prime Day events. And you can reap all the Amazon Prime benefits. If you
don’t want to remain a member, you can just cancel afterwards.
Amazon Prime is a tremendously successful membership launched by Amazon in 2005.
Presently, for a one-time annual payment of $99, you get:
- Free, two-day shipping within the continental U.S. (This has been implemented in other countries in Europe and Asia: the U.K., Germany, Japan, France, Italy, Canada, Spain, Belgium, and Austria.)
- Discounted, one-day shipping rates (there is even free same-day delivery in certain metropolitan areas, and Prime Now—where you can get your purchase within the same hour for a $7.99 fee)
- Amazon Video-instant streaming of movies and TV shows
- Borrowing books on Kindle—at the rate of one book per month, with no return date
- Unlimited, ad-free streaming of music, and access to playlists
- Storing your photos, videos, music, and pdf docs in the Amazon cloud drive.
There are some extra exciting incentives and fixes this year. For example:
- For the five days before Prime Day, there will be pre-Prime sales: Each day you’ll see a few deals on items that will be available on Prime Day.
- On Prime Day itself, there are new sales every 5 minutes. But you can’t be expected to sit in front of the computer the whole day and wait for an item that you want to be on sale. For this reason, Amazon has added a shopping app to notify you when the deal on the item that you want is about to start. You find an upcoming deal, and add it to your watchlist. When the deal is about to start, you get a “push” notification. When it pops up, you can claim your deal. And whereas last year you only had 5 minutes to complete the purchase, this year Amazon has extended the time to 15 minutes.
Don’t forget to check which deal items are the top-rated products on Comparaboo.